A few days ago, I posted the Nebula Award nominees in the novelette and short story categories. I saved the novella and novel categories for later because, while I’m interested in the longer works, I won’t have time to read them before the voting deadline (March 30). I’m a woefully slow reader and my time is always limited. Even so, I’d like to recognize the nominees for best novel and novella.
• We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
• The Ocean at the End of the Lane byNeil Gaiman
• Fire with Fire by Charles E. Gannon
• Hild by Nicola Griffith
• Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
• The Red: First Light by Linda Nagata
• A Stranger in Olondria by Sofia Samatar
• The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
• “Wakulla Springs” by Andy Duncan & Ellen Klages
• “The Weight of the Sunrise” by Vylar Kaftan
• ‘‘Annabel Lee” by Nancy Kress
• “Burning Girls” by Veronica Schanoes
• “Trial of the Century” by Lawrence M. Schoen
• “Six-Gun Snow White” by Catherynne M. Valente
Congratulations to all of the nominees.