I posted the Hugo Award nominees for the short story and novelette categories already. To be complete, here’s the nominees for the novella and novel category:
Here are nominees for Best Novel:
• 2312, Kim Stanley Robinson
• Blackout, Mira Grant
• Captain Vorpatril’s Alliance, Lois McMaster Bujold
• Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas, John Scalzi
• Throne of the Crescent Moon, Saladin Ahmed
And Best Novella:
• “After the Fall, Before the Fall, During the Fall“, Nancy Kress (Tachyon Publications)
• “The Emperor’s Soul“, Brandon Sanderson (Tachyon Publications)
• “On a Red Station, Drifting“, Aliette de Bodard (Immersion Press)
• “San Diego 2014: The Last Stand of the California Browncoats”, Mira Grant (Orbit)
• “The Stars Do Not Lie”, Jay Lake (Asimov’s)
Unlike with the short stories and novelette categories, there’s considerable overlap between the Hugo and Nebula nominees for novel and novella. The novels Throne of the Crescent Moon and 2312 and the novellas “After the Fall, Before the Fall, During the Fall,” “The Stars Do Not Lie,” and “On a Red Station, Drifting” receive nominations for both awards.
Unfortunately my reading time this year was limited, and I focused primarily on short fiction, so I’ve not read any these nominated works. I’m sure they’re very good, however, and would recommend them anyone looking around for something longer to read. One of these days when I have a little more time on my hands I hope to get back to reading fiction again, but until that time I’ll have content myself with simply adding things works to me to-read list.